Thursday, July 12, 2007

Amsterdam Gig by Ximena (from Peru)
(thanks Xime.. For send to us your review and photos!)

Review:

One day before the gig I went to Belgium to see PLOP with the kids, that was really tiring. I walked for 7 hours and to top it all I didn't sleep well that night (only 5 hours). On friday, when I was supposed to be as fresh as a lettuce and ready to enjoy my first Keane gig, I just looked like a girl who had spent all night at a coffeshop


At 9:57am my more than 2 hours trip started. I thought the train would go faster but I was sooo wrong. Anyway, I was supposed to arrive at 12:22 and then I was going to wait one hour for Sali. But as I said 'I was supposed' As soon as I got to Amsterdam Sali sent me a text message telling me her flight had been delayed! Poor Sali I thought and poor me! who has to go to the venue all alone

I went to the office of Maya's dad and left my suitcase there and picked up the key of the 'house'. Maya's dad told me he was going to drive me to the venue


At the Wester Park everything was wet, cold and windy. As I walked nearer the queu I saw a tent ... a tent??! Yes, someone took a tent! Anyway there I met Lindsay(Doughnut), and Julie (JJ) I asked for Sue and she was with ther hubby, who then said I caome from a fishy country , and Christine inside the caffe in front of the queu. I went there and then I saw a little woman in front of the door waiting for me!!! Oh!!! How excited I felt!! After almost 2 years of chatting and drooling after the same man I finally was able to see Sue in the flesh! After some chat I went outside to be with my Keane fellows who were there in the cold!


I wanted to feel what they feel eveytime they go to see Keane. Suddenly I got a call from Sali, who had arrived but didn't know where to leave her suitcase Oh poor sali! I thought again!!! So I felt the queu and went to meet her somewhere near the station.


It was also so nice to see her for the first time! We talked a bit and then decided to walk to the 'house' we went to the wrong direction, so had to walk more

Finally we arrived to the 'house' We didn't have so much time to see how it was, so we went to the venue as soon as we could. We didn't know where to get out of the tram! But fortunately we did it where we had to! Bought some food and went to queu.

Hey!!! The queu was a mess! Sue was pissed and I could felt it from where I was (I wasn't close) Anyway! Time to wait! .... and then music! a voice! IT WAS TOM!!!! He was singing!!! whhaa!! I just could say and the oh my god I repeated during the whoooole gig.

It was 6 and we couldn't get inside!!! we have to wait more ... tic tac tic tac .... ! Around 6:30 or 6:40 we finally could get inside!!! God!!! Time to run!! They checked my bag and then my ticket and the race started!!! Run Ximena, Run!!!

was what I heard in my head! The floor was wet so I was ready to get up quickly if I fell! ... Run, Run!!! And the glorious moment arrived when I touched the barrier!! I was at the left side of the stage!!! Then I panicked! I was alone!!!! I turned and Sali was running!!!!!!

He started singing PIBY I think ... the only thing I know is that I was singing, but didn't know what song it was I don't even remember when was the firt time he went to the b stage, but what I clearly remember is that he was there ... just in front of me. He was there I finally was able to see his pinky cheeks and white skin in the flesh. He was not on a magazine or inside the computer singing for other people, that was not the voice I listen to almost everyday on the computer or radio, not anymore. He was there looking so young and cute. In a way it was like meeting Sue and Sali and the girls, I knew many thing about them, but had bever seen them before. The same thing I felt the towards Keane.


It was incredible to see Tim playing the piano, but I must confess I was not looking at him that much .. I had other priorities . Tom came to the b stage so many times! I don't know how many times I told Sali 'He's there!!! he's there!!!!' .. as if she were blind!


YEO was amazing! the played alone with his guitar and joked about Tim and Rich. I sang my heart out with that song!!!!! while I said oh my god LOL .... He looked so sexy when he was about to play HS .. I told Sali: Look at his thighs!!!! and she laughed. All the songs were amazing, Rich and Tim were clapping everytime they could.


The sad thing was when Sali told me 'it's going to finish soon' and I was like what???!!! It has just started! but no, I had been jumping, singing and screaming for more than one hour


Bedshaped was crap but I loved it! Ohhhhhhhhhhh oohh!!!! oohhh!!!!! I shouted! in white light!!! I don't think soo!!! I was dying!!! They hugged each other and then they were gone

Photos:

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks to Ximena for sharing with us this wonderful experience!!!